Thursday, December 13, 2012

Cape Cod Pink

I miss summer. Today it was about 27 degrees. Awful! I am a summer baby, born on an island, in the month of July. Heat is literally flowing like lava through my blood. I know winter is on its way (if not already here), but, I can't let go of my warm weather clothing. Come to think of it, I never do, I just layer up and make summer knits work in the cold winter months.

Here's an example, my sweater is a light-weight knit made for the spring/summer months, made to be worn with shorts, or over a maxi skirt and sandals on a cooler summer night. I chose to wear my sweater today as an homage to summer and paired them with reddish/pinkish jeans and black ankle boots. The preppy sweater and jean color reminded me of Cape Cod or Nantucket( for you Bostonians).  Loved it on Nantucket this summer.

There is a color called, "Cape Cod Pink", worn with sailor stripes or  Ralph Lauren shirts and navy blue blazers. "Cape Cod Pink" (to me), is not really pink, but, rather a faded red (like my jeans). Sometimes, people literally just wear the color pink with the navy stripes. Here's a great example I found below.

This is Preppy Pink Love or @preppypinklove, her outfit is lovely.

"Cape Cod Pink" color pants

Sweater: J Crew
Here's my take. While my style is not preppy or conservative, the color palette and light-weight fabrics
reminded me of my time on Nantucket this past summer and that "preppy look".  I winterized the getup by layering with heavier jeans and boots. Had it been July, short shorts baby!

Jeans: H&M (previous post), Shoes: Tres Outlaws (previous post)


Here are some summer vacation pics from my stay on Nantucket Island. Enjoy!
Jetties Beach
Jetties Beach

Adorable house we stayed in
Path from house




This picturesque place was the inspiration for my summer-ish ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment