Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Southwest

Today was a low-key outfit day, with hint of a surprise. Yesterday I posted the Navajo pattern sweater that I love so much, today I continue with some basics (with a twist ;) .
I think pretty much everyone has some sort of jean shirt at the moment, whether it be an ombre, dark jean, light jean, patterned, etc., the jean shirt (I think) is a nice basic in any closet. Throw it on over black pants (as seen below), leggings, colored denim, a skirt (maxi or tea length) it just looks great. Keep it simple, or layer it and I think you have a winning ensemble every time.

Jean Shirt: H&M 
Black Shrug: Forever 21 
Necklace: Forever 21
 Here is my surprise....this vintage jacket!! I found this beauty at the Goodwill. It was hanging behind the register and I wanted it immediately. A gentleman in front of me asked to see it and my stomach dropped. He examined it and had a pow wow with his wife about it, she didn't seem interested, so he  gave it back to the cashier. That's when I swooped in and took this baby home! It is several sizes too big for me, (men's L) but, looks so good on anyway. It has a nice shape and structure to it, so I don't think it looks like it's swallowing me. Oversized tops are not that big of a deal. What do you think?
Southwest Jacket: Vintage

Ecote Kylie Boots

Gotta break these bad boys in!!

Skinny Pants: H&M
Back view of the jacket


Pictures: Noemi Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment