Friday, January 4, 2013

Reflections

Hello Lovelies.

I did not post about fashion last night, due to attending a wake for a friend's grandmother.  We know death is inevitable, but, that knowledge does not ease the sharpness of the pain. It hurts so much to lose someone you love so dearly.  Watching my friend and her family ache and mourn over their loss was terribly heartwrenching and their raw grief transported me back in time to my loss.

My family and I went through this pain 4.5 years ago. Losing my grandmother hurt like crazy, and to be honest, it still hurts. No one can say or has the right to say when the grieving process will end, it gets easier with time, but, I don't think it ever quite goes away. The outward sorrow that people see may fade, but, the inner ache remains for quite some time.

Losing someone you love is gut wrenching, but, after the pain eases a bit, hopefully it will inspire you to do right by that person and make a positive impact in this grind we call life. Somehow, make them proud daily, by being kind, generous, loving, caring, or achieving some hard sought after goal.

Whatever, the case may be, use the love you felt for them as fuel to propel you to a better future for yourself and others.  You may fall, trip and stumble along the way, but, try to leave a positive imprint on someone's life. Plant seeds of love daily.

My beautiful sister at her Master's ceremony and Cilia my sweet grandmother. 


No comments:

Post a Comment