Monday, November 26, 2012

Destroyed Denim

Well hello world, CiliaSweetie here!

This is my first post, while I'm a bit nervous, I am also excited!
I LOVE clothes, always have. My friends and particularly a cousin of mine have been after to me start this blog, start styling and generally start being creative again.

I am most myself when I am being creative or have a creative outlet. Pretty much all my life I have been asked what I'm wearing or where did you get that or why do you think it's ok to wear those colors together? Ummmm... I don't know it just comes natural to me.

I love clothes, I LOVE shoes, I'm OBSESSED with VINTAGE. I have been vintage shopping since the age of 14. While my friends were going for the new trends and such I was shopping for old/new to me clothing. They thought I was crazy.  I adore vintage pieces because they are unique, old clothes, shoes or jewelry feel homey to me. They tell a story. Whenever I acquire a new vintage or thrifted piece, I wonder who wore it before me. What was their story? I like feeling as if I'm carrying on some piece of history.

Don't get me wrong, I do shop for trends and more modern pieces. But, I really like the mix and one of a kind look I achieve when I put it all together. Totally unique, totally me.

Everyone is different, but, everyone belongs.

p.s sorry for some of the unfocused pics, better camera to come!


Floral Tights: Urban Outfitters

Vintage Sun Earrings

Jeans: Yanuk Worker Boyfriend, Boots: Vintage Acme

 These jeans are soooooo badly ripped, but, I can't throw them away! I mean the entire butt area is out and really just being held together by the seams in the crotch. I know, I know, but, I love them. I'll figure out a way to make them "decent" again. Ha! Wore them to work, the looks were priceless!
                                 Sweater: H&M Mens, Striped Shirt: Express
                                 Jewelry: Vintage Cat's Eye Ring, Plain Silver Band, Various Silver Bangles
                                               Tiffany's Initial Necklace, Red Bracelet: Haitian

Pictures: Noemi Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment